This Italianate style house was constructed for Dr. John Sloan in 1852. Dr. Sloan's office was in the house. Patients entered through the side door.
Admiral George Bicknell (1846-1925) served 47 years in the navy. Married to the daughter of the original owner, George and Annie decorated the house in a nautical style and with memorabilia from around the globe.
Judge John Paris and his family moved into the home and the house was occupied by the Judge and Miss Lucille Paris,
Dean of Girls at New Albany High School.
The house is now operated as a bread & breakfast.
sources: Indiana Landmarks