Navilleton is an unincorporated community in Greenville Township, Floyd County, Indiana. The first settlement at Navilleton was made in 1844 by a colony of German Catholics, among them Michael Naville, for whom the town was named. The one room school house still stands.
In 1893, Father Schaaf had the school built at a cost of $800. According to Alma Ellenbrand, there was lumber left over after the church was built so it was decided to build the school. It was rented to the township for $16.00 per annum. In 1895 there were 30 pupils taught by a lay teacher. It was leased to Greenville Township for use as a public school. Navilleton was the last one room school to be used by Floyd County closing at the end of the 1955-1956 school year. Many of the schools in the area have field trips to the one room school house, as it currenlty serves as a museum.